Overview of the school
Fleming is a public college established in 1967 with two major campuses in Peterborough and Lindsay, Ontario, Canada. The school offers over 100 curricula for 16,000 full-time and part-time students. In general, both Pterborough and Lindsay are lively and well-equipped with modern and amenity facilities in a green environment just 1.5 hours from Toronto. Fleming College provides international students with special support to help them in adaption with living environment and study in Canada.
The school is on a priority list approved by the Canadian Consulate for Visa without financial proof. The school has a reasonable cost of tuition, good academic quality and easy access to more than 37 prestigious universities in Canada and other countries. More than 87% of students at Fleming College are employed within six months of graduation and 95% of employers are satisfied with the quality of Fleming College’s graduates.
Ontario is Canada’s second-largest province with an area of more than 1 million square kilometers (415,000 square miles), larger than France and Spain combined. East is near Quebec, west is near Manitoba, Hudson Bay and James Bay to the north, Lawrence Dt and the Great Lakes to the south. The population is just over 13.5 million, but Ontario is Canada’s largest cultural, educational, and economic center. With the vibrant, development and the best quality of life in the world, Ontario is a good choice for the study, living and working of everyone in the world.
The life of abroad students in Ontario
Studying in Ontario, you will live in a wealthy province with good health care and facilities. The size of the city and the superiority of the North American highway show that moving by road is the easiest way, however, there are rail services linking to other parts of Canada. Ontario is also one of the safest places in Canada and North America (according to Canada statistics in 2010). This is area with the lowest CSI crime rate in Canada. Especially with Toronto city – the capital of Ontario has been recorded as the city with the lowest crime rate in six consecutive years.
The largest cities in Ontario have underground or bus systems. Toronto Pearson International Airport is the busiest airport in Canada.
Why should you study at Fleming College?
– 87% of students at Fleming College are employed within six months of graduation and 95% of employers are satisfied with the quality of Fleming College’s graduates.
– Free airport pick-up for new students
– A safe, peaceful studying environment with little temptation and reasonable living costs.
– Many opportunities to interact with local culture to improve the English language skills of international students both inside and outside school hours (very few Vietnamese students here).
– Small class size, students receive much support from faculty and staff. Students are approached with modern learning facilities 24/7.
– The curriculum combines a full theory and practice to help students prepare well for job opportunities in their chosen field. The school also offers internship opportunities or co-op pay from employers (in February every year, the school organizes job fair that attract nearly 150 companies in the city and in Ontario).
– Students are allowed to work in and out of the school for a maximum of 20 hours per week during the study period and full time (40 hours) during the midterm period.
– After graduating from Fleming, students can apply for a Canadian work permit with valid up to 3 years, depending on the duration of your studies.
– The entry English requirements for most college and graduate programs at Fleming require only IELTS 6.0 (Pharmacy Technician in particular is 6.5).
– Economics and business administration.
– Travel, restaurants and hotels.
– Information Technology.
– Medical and community health care.
– Environmental science.
Fleming offers training programs in the following systems:
– College and advanced College (2 -3 years): CAD 16,000/year.
– Post graduate certificate (1-2 years): CAD 17,000/year.
– ESL English language: CAD 5,200/semester (4 months/level).
– College diplomas and Certificates: High School graduation certificate, IELTS 6.0.
– Graduate certificates: Graduated the relevant fields from college or university, IELTS: 6.5.
– The beginning of terms: January, May, September.